because I love doing CIP.
FLL was a great success, the kids had fun, we had fun, the teachers had fun, everyone had fun. Just so you didn't know, FLL seeks to cultivate the love of engineering amongst youths from 8 to 16 through, you guessed it, lego robotics.
The theme was Climate Connection, although I couldn't see the link between picking balls up with toy robots and climate change, it was still really cool. You have these super small 8 yr olds, eyebrows furrowed in concentration, assembling their massive robots in under 4.83s without breaking a sweat. Imagine F1 pit crews, just way way tinier.
It was all fun and laughter, despite me waking up at 5.30 and sleeping at 2 'cause of a retarded re-assessment the next day, which I might as well not take. Absent looks better that Ungraded. Ok so here we have some super blur pics, courtesy of my co-team usher, Vincent.
Alright, Vincent's the dude on my right. He's got the coolest CCA, youth flying club. I didn't know they actually flew real planes. Dang, I'd have joined if I knew.. Beside me is Stanley, and the uber short girl, oops, in front is Jolene, our IC.
One of the teams under us won the stylo-mylo award for best costume. Whew, who'd knew handling a bunch of young girls was so tiring? Not this team though, another, this was a good team.
And that's the sneak preview for you.
The volunteers were mostly from JCs and polys. Filbert, Jonathan and I were there together. I'm going to try pump as many more CIP events as I can from now onwards, the leadership opportunities and camaraderie, it really makes you an even more all-rounded person.
No comments:
Post a Comment