I'm back. Yes, after 2 long weeks in Europe, I'm finally back. I guess the post is really predictable, I mean who wouldn't wanna blog about their vacation to some exotic place?
I don't have any pics with me just yet, just flew back in this morning. Interestingly, I'm starting to really like flying about, 12 hrs, 24hr flights? No worries. The world is really worth seeing.
So let me recollect if I can.
London
Amsterdam
Heideberg
Innsbruck
Verona
Venice
Lucern
Paris
All over a course of 2 weeks. Wow indeed. But seriously I'd rather we concentrated on just a specific region. This way, we didn't have to stay cooped up on a freaking coach.
Alright. Where should I begin? You can't possibly put Europe into words, it's just so amazing. The mindset, attitudes, cultures, languages.. Singapore is really lacking indeed. But perhaps this is your case of "the grass may seem to be greener on the other side". One thing for sure, I can somehow feel this strong sense of freedom of expression and lassier fair outake on life. They really enjoy life, no father authority, just life. You know there are parts in Paris without road lanes, cars just zoom about without care!
And damn, the rich history and culture. One can easily be drawn in and intoxicated by all of its past. I'm still feeling heady, and no it's not the bottles of wine that I downed there. Darn they have good wine for sure.
London is cosmopolitan, so is Paris. But if you asked me, I'd loved to stay in Paris. The people are friendlier and more fun. From what I see, Londoners are pretty stuck up (no offence). And aha, Amsterdam. You know what it's famous for, yep, it's critically aclaimed international red-light districts. They have these cubicles lined along the street with social escorts modelling in their barely-there lingeries. The kids in our group were all squirming, haha it was really an eye opener although the way these women made bussiness was really uncomfortable to fathom. It's utterly self-degrading, posing in the windows like some sex toy and not a fellow human being.
Oh yea, speaking of which. I had the opportunity to watch the Moulin Rouge. For the uninitiated, it's your watered down Crazy Horse. Topless dancers, but done very tastefully. Not overtly sexual and definitely very professional. Damn its PG over there in Paris. Whoa, I was red-hot after that, with my thick sweater, 2 bottles of wine and their uber, over-powered, made-in-france-not-china heater. Hehe, I guess the French dancers did contribute too. Oh, and I was called up by a ventriloquist. Really cool, he squeezed my hand and I had to open my mouth. Yes, viva la france! You gotta love that country =)
My only bad experience there was getting scammed by this old faggot artist. I went to this place near a church, you should see the churches there, and probably it was a tourisy place. Loads of sovenior shops. At the fork of the road were many artists. I, being fucking stupid, actually posed. I mean, how much could it be.
In 5 min, he passed me the sketch, which looked nothing like me, and asked for 50 euros. I was like fuck? Go sell your butt or something, 50 euros for this shit. So I wouldn't buy it till he dropped till 20 euros. Still really expensive, but he was literally begging. There was this other female who sketched my bro, also didn't look like him, ha that I didn't pay at all, like who requested her to draw? Not me. So she gave me the sketch and went off cursing me aloud in french. Quite funny. We went in and saw more artists. These were good. 25 euros, 1 hr, best quality sketches. I was really pissed after that.
My mum was nagging, like how I wasn't business minded enough, how cost-ineffective I was and for once I agreed. If I could reach it, I'd kicked myself in the ass that day. But it's scams and experiences like these which teach you business. Next time, it won't happen again.
Swizterland was pure, natural, unadulterated beauty. The mountains and lake lucern were absolutely breath-taking. Got me very own original swiss knife over there haha. It was shoe paradise, the swiss love their feet indeed.
Italy was good too, with all the pizzas and pastas, although Venice was quite a dissapointment. Honestly, it sucked. The weather, the prices, the hotel. The hotel was haunted. It had this barouqe 1700s interior. So you can imagine red drapings, chandeliers and mirrors, mirrors, mirrors. My friend's parents had this one really cold room. In the last night, all the chandeliers started to shake violently. I was like wtf? Damn, I was this fucking close to something? But the pastas made up for it yep =)
Man, there's just so much that happened and if I were to write everything, it would take the post months to load. I guess pics are the best way to convey everything. 1 pic = 1000 words. So if I get my pics soon from my friend and parents, maybe we'll see ya. Ciao xD
No comments:
Post a Comment