You know, music these days just plain suck. With all the popsy, hip hop bands and stars playing crap, being too cool for us and whatever. Its hard to really find new bands producing real music - songs that mean something. That's why I like older music. Seems they were more matured than those now, despite their age of chain crack smoking hehe. They had so much more style and persona too that's for sure. But it would be overboard for me to totally discredit all new bands. Maybe all I'm trying to say is that most mainstream music is crap. Good music is found in less popular avenues, like little hidden treasures =)
Dream On - Aerosmith
I think most would have heard this recently during the Olympics ads. Well this song was chosen for a very good reason.
Everytime that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin clearer
The past is gone
It went by like dust to dawn
Isnt that the way
Everybodys got their dues in life to pay
I know what nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know its everybodys sin
You got to lose to know how to win
Half my life is in books written pages
Live and learn from fools and from sages
You know its true
All the things come back to you
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if its just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away
Dream on, dream on
Dream yourself a dream come true
Dream on, dream on
Dream until your dream come true
Dream on, dream on, dream on...
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tears
Sing with me, if its just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away
What must be said is said. The lyrics are self-explanatory.
Cat camp was refreshing, great to see old faces and the teachers, walking down cat high's corridors at 12am with good friends.. the memories.. but I'm so tired now, and dastardly hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment