Wow. Much has indeed passed since my last post here. I haven't been inspired (or the lack of time rather) to write since last september. Tekong has been a blast. Life as an SCT seems so surreal now that I've gotten used to life as a commander.
Looking back at the previous post, I wonder, who gives me the right over my 61 boys? I cringe sometimes when I think about the things that I did, or shouldn't have done, in training school. Makes me question my ability and more importantly, the right to lead. But, I'm learning. Constantly. I'm not sure but perhaps I'm subconsciously trying to make amends for my subpar conduct in the past. Hoping that I can somehow forgive myself. Either way, I can say that I worked my butt off real nicely.
So far so good. It's great to see the boys POP. It gives me great pleasure to know and see that they have grown from "blur cocks" to moulded privates ready for their next phase of training. In retrospect, I could have been more efficient in certain areas of their training.. can't wait to gear up for the next batch coming in Feb. My batch last year.
I really do think that the SAF should give us more pay. I can't believe how intense a commander's life can be where every waking moment surrounds the recruit. I honestly did the best that I could. I even dare say that I've been more gungho outfield now than I've ever been. It starts to come alive now, this reality that my boys look up to me for guidance and that God forbid I should ever fail them. This really is a far cry from me before. There's definitely some truth in saying being a father changes a man.
It's lull now. Which means 9th Div had to organise a silly and insipid Family Day which no one wants to attend, only by penalty of death from OC, of course. Yay, let's all put on our trunks and get wet with CO.. Gosh, we could really do with a war around here.
But, I'm happy with this much deserved hiatus. You'd be surprised at the pleasure just lazing around and sleeping can bring. Pure bliss.. sigh.
Ok now, where are those trunks...
No comments:
Post a Comment