Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What a bummer thinking of a suitable heading..

Doesn't life feel that way sometimes? Why do I need to think of a title in order to express certain thoughts, feelings and emotions? Can't I fumble in that which is inchoate? To let it be instead of having a clean dissection?

Titles. Where it forces you to label everything just so that our limited intellect can hope to categorise and organise everything that we perceive into a little mental shelf. There's always a structure to everything. Lesson plans to follow. Rules to follow. Protocols and an interminable number of chess-like steps in living this life. Rather makes you a determinist doesn't it? That to believe in a life of wanderlust toppled with serendipity is a life not lived.

Not that I would fancy such a lifestyle. I like things which are clear, distinct and predictable. If I could only fit all of life into a crystal jar and be able to take a macro-perspective. All would fit into a rational framework.

Yet, no..

You don't go clubbing, where dirty, sweaty grinding is the de rigueur, to feel an abomination towards those desperate men snapping at any chance to swarm a tipsy female in a short skirt. You should have flirtatious fun yourself. That's not logical at all. It's analogous to jumping into a pool and hoping to stay dry. Ridiculous.

You'd think that a girl as pretty and as intelligent as she was would be confident. Yet, to read that she doesn't see herself in that light. That she's in a little bubble.. that doesn't make sense at all does it? Oh, I wish I could break that bubble.. laughably I was tongue-tied and in a bubble myself when we met..

There's no framework. We are irrational (and Adam Smith concurs with me). We create systems but our very core deviates to entropy. CO is right, structure breeds conduct. It describes us as a fluid taking the shape of its container. We need structure or we'd just be a formless puddle. Useless. Wasted.

I want to break free of certain thought patterns or moulds. I cannot achieve the effective life that I envisage with my current container. So I am thankful to be in Viper. I knew that NS would influence me. Be in a fun container that bends with a successful mould.

No comments: